This traditional hotel with a nautical theme is located only a few minutes walk from the restaurants and attractions of the V&A Waterfront. Friendly staff and reasonable pricing make this an ideal choice for those looking to combine comfortable yet affordable accommodation within a convenient and attractive setting.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: Swimming pool and attractive terrace.
- Gym: Situated overlooking the pool, with personal trainers, a sauna and steam room.
- Wellness Centre: The S.K.I.N. Centre offers treatments such as massages.
Bars & Restaurants
- The Clipper Restaurant serves cuisine with a South Africa twist such as Cape Malay prawns, Springbok fillet, even Biltong ice cream!
- The Lounge offers a light menu in casual surroundings.
- The Bar provides a relaxed venue for a drink with piano music on occasion
Staff offer a particularly friendly welcome for families. One additional bed can be placed in a room whilst a few interconnecting rooms are also available on request.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s TV and film channels on request.
- Bespoke Meals available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: Capable staff can provide babysitting services.
Guests are accommodated in 198 Superior Rooms, 27 Business Class Rooms, 10 First Class Suites with spacious lounge and dining area and 1 Imperial Suite. All air-conditioned rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, in-room bar, hair dryers, satellite television and wireless Internet access.
Up to one child in an additional bed and one child in a cot can share a Superior Room. A few pairs of interconnecting rooms are also available on request.
Rates from £94 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Standard Room (subject to change)
- Child aged 0 – 2 years free of charge in a cot.
- Children aged 3 – 11 years share free but pay locally for breakfast.
- Children in their own room charged at adult rate.
Please enquire about the Uhambo Special Offer when a reduced price is applicable when combining a stay at the Commodore with another Legacy Hotel such as Bakubung or Kwa Maritane Lodges in Pilanesburg National Park.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Currently the hotel supports the following projects:
- Nazareth House – in particular the area that supports orphaned HIV/Aids babies;
- Marsh Memorial Home – This home is for children (male and female) between the ages of 8 and 18 years, who have come from a diverse range of environments;
- Red Cross Children’ Hospital – The Hospital is undisputedly a leading light on the African continent in caring for sick children, and focuses on the medical needs of each and every tiny patient, irrespective of parent’s income, race, gender, religion or place of residence.
- Habitat for Humanity – An organisation which has built over 1700 houses in 18 communities across our country, providing shelter for 10 000 people and bringing volunteers together across racial, economic, cultural and social divides. In the Western Cape, HFHSA has implemented an incremental housing scheme, enabling homeowners to build what they can currently afford and expand their house later, when funds allow.
Besides financial support, staff are involved on a personal level in that they participate in, for example, building a house with Habitat for Humanity.
Staff Training and development:
This covers a wide range of skills and includes on-the-job training as well as first aid and health & safety workshops as well as technical skilled courses (computer software knowledge), job specific (e.g. HACCAP) and awareness educationals (e.g. HIV/Aids).
Staff work on their national qualification in various disciplines, which is monitored by a consultant who spends time on the premises each month.
Individual staff are also identified for training and development as part of the succession plan.