Lux* Belle Mare
This traditional yet elegant resort, with thatched roof villas, is located on a lovely wide stretch of beach on the East of the island and benefits from facilities including a magnificent swimming pool. The pretty setting combined with legendary Mauritian hospitality ensures a memorable stay.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: An extensive pool with shallow children’s areas and shelving entrance, one of the largest on the island.
- Watersports: Windsurfing, water-skiing, pedal-boats, kayaks, snorkelling and glass bottom boat trips.
- Land based Sports: Tennis courts, beach volleyball, bocci ball, darts, mini-golf and table tennis.
- Aphrodite Spa: A large centre combining European professional treatments and Asian sensuality and culture including gym, sauna, jacuzzi and steam bath. Hairdressing, beauty treatments and massage available at a charge.
Bars & Restaurants
Please note a credit of will be given to guests on Half-board not dining in the main restaurant in the evening but this is unlikely to cover the cost of your main course:
- The Kitchen, the main restaurant with views of the pool and sea beyond, serves breakfast and a combination of buffet, a la carte and gala dinners in the evening.
- East is a gastronomic la carte restaurant offering a combination of Cuisines of China, Japan and Thailand
- True to its name, the poolside The Beach, specialises in Meditteranean food such as pizzas and tappas for lunch whilst vibrant theme evenings are also held at certain times of year.
- Senses is open in the evenings, overlooking the lit swimming pool and palm trees. Breathe in the heady scent of fresh herbs and spices; indulge in traditional dishes, made with the finest locally sourced ingredients.
- The Bar offers drinks throughout the day and evening and snacks at lunchtime. This vibrant lounge and bar comes alive over English afternoon teas and evening entertainment!
- Club Savanne, with an African beat, is a great place to enjoy a cocktail or Cuban cigar in the evening but also during the day.
- Cafe LUX*For coffee-lovers! Here they serve their very own delicious Island Blend of certified green organic beans.
Home to some of the largest standard rooms on the island, comfortably accommodating two children with their parents, makes this an excellent choice for families seeking space and quality. Additional touches such as ‘The Chill out Room’ and pre-arrival baby check list make the hotel one of the best prepared for younger guests we know!
Looking after younger guests
- Toys and facilities of the ‘PLAY Club’ available during opening hours (please see below).
- Baby Kit in room amenities such as shampoo and swim ring alongside a cuddly toy! Sterilizers, bottle warmers etc can be supplied on request also.
- Children’s Menu available at the restaurants, Children’s Club and by room service.
- Bespoke Meals available on request.
- Occasional buffets served at the Children’s Club.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: Provided at an hourly rate plus taxi fare when required for evening sitting.
- Organised In-House Activities:
- The ‘PLAY’ programme, offering supervised activity programmes for guests aged 3 – 11 years. Children under the age of 3 can also join in the activities but must be supervised by a parent or babysitter.
Children are exposed to high-energy sports and outdoor activities!
- Studio 17 offers teens between 12-17 years time to get together, explore the Island or just hang out! The well supervised programme is filled activities like local dance lessons, language classes, and Island trips!
- ‘The Chill out Room’ situated in the main restaurant and open for breakfast and dinner offers supervised entertainment with flat screens and play stations allows parents to peacefully enjoy their breakfast and a romantic dinner!
Both programmes are open from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm.
The hotel incorporates Junior Suites (60 square metres) and Lagoon Suites (90 square metres) as well as Honeymoon Suites (with four poster bed and large terrace for intimate dining) of the same size, Super LUX* Suites (100 square metres) and the Maharajah Presidential Suite (240 square metres). All suites, benefiting from butler service, are conditioned and face the sea or lagoon whilst featuring LCD flat screen TV and DVD, mini-bar, tea & coffee making facilities and balcony or terrace. Upgraded Suits also feature whirlbaths.
12 magnificent and luxurious villas, with 1 or 2 bedrooms, offer refinement and privacy. Each boast their own individual heated swimming pool and private garden with outdoor shower and thatched gazebo for intimate dining.
- All Suites are large enough to accommodate two children on a sofa bed.
- Interconnecting Suites are also available.
- Prestige Villas (255 square metres) offer ideal family accommodation.
Rates from £99 per adult per night, inclusive of half-board in a Junior Suite (valid on 01/05/12 – 30/09/12).
- Child aged 0 – 5 years free of charge
(cots available for 0-2yrs)
- Children age 6 – 17 years sharing from £56 per night
- Children in their own room receive a discount on the adult rate subject to various conditions.
Please note that some offers may also available in combination. Please enquire for further details.
- Child/Teen: Up to 2 children under 12yrs share parents room free of charge on same board basis as parents (valid 01/05/12 – 30/09/12)
Up to 1 child stays free of charge all year round, excluding peak season
Children in their own room are entitled to discounted rates
- Free nights: Stay for 4 nights for the price of 3! You will also receive a minimum of 25% discount with no book by date
- Honeymoon offer – 70% off for the bride (this isn’t combinable with the free night offer)
- LUX* Combo – You will receive a 35% discount for combined stays in 2 LUX* Island resorts across all the LUX* destinations
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Lux* Belle Mare has a Corporate Social Responsibility policy which supports the less privileged sections of society with long-running community programmes aimed at promoting strong, safe and healthy communities by investing resources and time in focused projects directly relevant to local needs.
Recent projects include:
- Financing towards 4 psychologists currently working for the Adolescent Non Formal Education Network (ANFEN) devoted to the development of children and adolescents living in difficult areas with psychologists carrying out group therapy and providing support to coordinators and parents.
- In the south-western region of Mauritius, Les Pavillons School of Music, fully financed by the CSR budget enables 35 youngsters from the neighbouring villages of La Gaulette, Le Morne, Case Noyale and Coteau Raffin to enjoy tuition in various instruments (guitar, pop drum, recorder, keyboard and flute), coupled with lessons in music theory dispensed by 4 teachers from Arpège, École de Musique.
- Supporting schools run by benevolent members to help school drop-outs in the less privileged regions. These vulnerable children and adolescents are taken in charge by the schools with the aim to prevent them sinking into drugs, alcohol and violence.
- Étoile de Mer at Roches Noires, the Centre d’Apprentissage Paille en Queue and the Jean Éon RCA School at Grand Gaube, École de la Vie at Baie du Tombeau, École Notre Dame de Fatima at Mahébourg and the Eastern Welfare Association for the Disabled at Bel Air Rivière Sèche are the main beneficiaries of this concerted action of Naïade Resorts Ltd. The Group’s financial support ranges from contributions to the institutions’ current budget to the renovation and upkeep of their various buildings.