Portola Hotel & Spa
This relaxing retreat is surrounded by opportunities for shopping, kayaking and fine dining. Take a stroll along the Waterfront trail to the Old Cannery and the spectacular Aquarium or if you are an old car enthusiast, a visit during the Concourse D’Elegance in August is a must.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Lounge areas
- Fitness Center (complimentary) with state-of-the art facilities, plunge pool and jacuzzi.
- Spa on the Plaza, adjacent to the Hotel offers more than 60 therapeutic treatments from aromatherapy facials to a coconut balm Monterey massage.
- Bicyle rental for a charge
Bars & Restaurants
- Jacks Restaurant and Lounge – Enjoy fresh, local California cuisine at Jacks. Dine in an intimate fireside dining room or enjoy dinner in their outdoor heated patio.
- Peter B’s Brewpub – Monterey’s only microbrewery, Peter B’s is the perfect place for enjoying a cold beer and delicious pub food.
The hotel welcomes children of all ages.
Looking after younger guests
Children checking into the hotel will automatically receive a treasure chest with toys to include a pirate bandana, telescope, tattoos, skull necklace and pirate squeaky bath duck. In addition, the hotel has created a fun scavenger hunt around the nautically inspired decor which incorporates fun and the educational history of Monterey.
Jack’s and Peter B’s restaurant have designed a new Portola Pirates Kids Menu with fun items such as; MacAAAARRRoni and Cheese, Captain Jack’s Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Black Beard Pasta and our popular Portola Pirate Pizza.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
The Portola Pirates program is focused on children between the ages of 3-10 that want to come to Monterey and have fun!
- The Portola Hotel & Spa offers 369 guest rooms plus 10 suites to suit every need. Guest rooms boast a residential décor reflecting the Monterey Bay. Every room and suite is complete with high quality sustainable mattresses made from renewable resources, hypoallergenic pillow toppers, duvets and pillows, 310 thread count white linens, 42” flat screen televisions and eco-friendly bath amenities.
- Harbour View Rooms are located on the 5th and 6th floors of the hotel and offer an enhanced room décor, luxury bath amenities and granite-topped bathroom vanities.
- Courtyard Rooms offer a private balcony with patio furniture and outdoor cabanas on the Cottonwood Terrace of the hotel.
- Portola Guest Rooms offer an elegantly appointed residential style design with city or garden terrace views and organic green bath amenities.
- Executive Harbor View Rooms have the feel of a coastal retreat with elegantly appointed interiors and 500 sq feet in size. Bathrooms are lined in granite with spacious walk-in showers and a luxury collection of spa-inspired bath amenities.
- Studio Suites are large, impressively-designed and the best value for adding extra space with garden terrace views.
- The Executive Suite at 880 square feet is located on the top floor of the hotel and commands stunning views of Monterey Bay. This one bedroom Monterey hotel suite offers a beautiful granite-lined bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
- The Presidential Suite offers five balconies and marble entry ways with spectacular views of Monterey Bay from every angle.
- The Studio Suites are ideal for families wishing to share.
Rates on application.