With a classically inspired exterior and gracefully elegant within, the hotel has a stunning location on its own private quay within Cape Town’s vibrant V&A Waterfront area. The charm of this luxurious hotel, however, lies in it’s intimate atmosphere, stylish décor and personalised hospitality.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: The attractive heated pool, is surrounded by trellis for privacy and features incredibly comfortable sun beds to rest shopping-weary feet!
- Spa: Situated on the top floor of the hotel, accompanied by panoramic views including Hot Spa area, mineral spa bath, steam room and sauna (cost for treatments).
- Fitness Studio: Fully equipped area adjacent to the Spa incorporating equipment such as treadmills, stationary bike and kinesis machine.
- Transfers: Luxury transfer within 10 km radius.
Bars & Restaurants
- Stylish ‘Signal’ for fine dining overlooking Signal Hill and the yacht marina serving innovative cuisine with a South African flavour.
- The fun Bascule Bar, on the edge of the Marina , houses a magnificent collection of over 360 of the world’s finest malt whiskies and a cellar of selected Cape Wines . The bar also provides a light meal menu which can also be served by the hotel pool.
The helpful and flexible approach of staff ensures a warm welcome for families with children of all ages, enhanced by touches ranging from arrival gifts for children, to African bedtime stories with cookies
Looking after younger guests
- Welcome basket in room full of goodies such as crayons, bath beans and chocolate and selection of baby products for the very little.
- Practical supplies such as prams and toilet steps.
- Daily story reading at 6 pm in the library, accompanied by a drink and cookies (or in your room), carefully scheduled to co-incide with wine-tasting for parents!
- Videos, games and pool toys also available for play.
- Children’s Menu available both in the Restaurant and via Room Service.
- Bespoke Meals.
- Kitchens are available in the two and three bedroom apartments for self-catering/personal chef.
- The library is host to delicious pastries as part of Café Complet, with a selection of pastries, from 05:00 to 11:00 am if all else fails!
Babysitting & supervised activities
- Baby Monitors available.
- Babysitting: Professional agency provides childcare, requiring a 4 hour minimum booking. During the day, nannies can also take children out to local attractions such as the Aquarium.
- Organised In-House Activities: During Peak Season, depending on child occupancy levels, the hotel organises supervised activities/videos in a communal space. Currently this incurs no charge, but please ask for confirmation.
81 Luxury Rooms with views over Table Mountain or the Harbour are air conditioned and include tea and coffee making facilities. 10 Superior Rooms also have a balcony and dressing room whilst the Apartments have several bedrooms, dining areas and full entertainment systems with, on occasion, a kitchen for personal use or private chef.
- Luxury Rooms can accommodate a cot
- Superior Rooms can accommodate up to 2 children under 7 on a sofa-bed.
- Some inter-connecting rooms available upon request.
Rates from £215 per night per adult sharing in a Luxury Room, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast (valid 01/10/11 – 22/12/12). Supplement of £70 for upgraded Superior Room.
- Child aged 0 – 2 years share free of charge.
- Children aged 3 – 11 years share free but pay for breakfast locally.
- Children in their own room are charged at adult rates.
Some Specials are not valid over Peak Season
- Book 90 days in advance and receive 10% discount
- Children sharing with parents in an inter-connecting room, only pay 50% of the normal room rate!
- Discounts on stays of 4 nights or more applicable
- Please enquire regarding Family & Spa packages
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Cape Grace has been awarded the Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa Trademark. Please see our Responsible Tourism page under About Us for further information.
The Cape Grace supports Nazareth House, a project supporting local HIV children (please see About Us for further details), adults and the elderly, through a variety of means such as hosting events.
The hotel has also been awarded the Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa Trademark. Please see our ‘About Us’ page for further information.
Baby on board
Julia Hartley-Brewer went on Honeymoon with not only her husband but toddler too. Read the result in the Sunday Express by by clicking here